It has recently worked its way into my scattered thoughts that I have passed the official one year anniversary of my first post. Happily, that inspired the proper motivation to get me to sit down and share my most recent major sewing project (and by recent I mean in the last 5 months).
I made this dress 3 or 4 months ago for a historical dance my sister and I were going to attend, but at the last minute something came up and we didn’t go. And I never got pictures of it either. So finally, the other day, before it got completely dark out, I put it on, went out in our backyard, and my sister took pictures of it for me.
*I would like to post a disclaimer right now: This is not exactly a historically accurate dress and I know it.*
There. Thank you. 🙂
I don’t generally strive for historical accuracy in my sewing. Perhaps one day I shall, but not at the moment. I just have fun coming up with designs that I can make using what I have. This dress was made from a couple yards of fabric that somebody had given me years ago, and an under skirt that I already had made. The only things I had to buy were the eyelets and some of the lace (which I got for like $0.07 a yard. The store was going out of business). All together, I think I spent around $3 dollars to make this dress. 😀
The shop were I’ve been working recently moved and added in a coffee bar so I’ve been learning to make coffee! It’s been pretty fun, but I’ve been working a lot (think I’ve logged somewhere around 87 hours in the last two weeks) so I haven’t been able to do any crafting lately. It’s sad. But I’ll get back to it sooner or later. Until I do, at least I now know the difference between a latte and a cappuccino!